I am passionate about providing a friendly and supportive service to my clients and will feel honoured to be a part of your journey.
I chose to begin studying to become a Psychotherapist in 2008 whilst providing support to young people with emotional and social difficulties. Now, over 10 years on I have developed a wealth of experience working with young people, adults and older adults in a variety of settings. I have a particular interest in helping adults to overcome social anxiety and self esteem issues.
I set up as an independent psychotherapeutic counsellor in 2015 and have been running a busy and successful practice since then, helping plenty of people to overcome their difficulties along the way. I pride myself on developing safe and supportive therapeutic relationships with my clients. Some I will see for 6 weeks, some 6 months, some a year and some have been visiting me for longer because they value my input and support.
I’m a fully insured and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority . I also have a current DBS certificate.
You will find that I work with you to ensure you get the most out of your time with me. With firm foundations in Person Centred Counselling, I work Pluralistically most commonly adding elements from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focussed Therapy, Psych-education, Transactional Analysis (TA), Compassion Focused Therapy, Schema Theory, Attachment Theory, Brief intervention Theory, Mindfulness and Trauma Resourcing.
I am by nature thoughtful and inquisitive and am always looking to learn new methods and theories in order to expand my knowledge. This benefits my counselling work by expanding my tool kit and allowing me to draw on a variety of popular and helpful techniques.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Diploma in Person Centred Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Foundation in Systemic Family Therapy Plymouth Uni
- Certificate in providing online counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Theory AQA
- Counselling Studies CPCAB
- BA Hons Art & Design with Education Studies
- Wellbeing Service – Educational Setting 2008-2015
- NHS Depression and Anxiety Counselling Service (IAPT) 2013-2015
- YP Counselling Service- Community Healthcare Setting 2014
- Broadreach Training – teaching counselling 2016-2018
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme 2016 – ongoing
- Pam Assist – EAP wellbeing service 2016 – ongoing
- Lucy Gordon Counselling – independent Practice 2015 – ongoing
- Other Relevant Training
- DBT Diploma (ongoing)
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Understanding Personality Disorder
- Client & Therapist factors
- Trauma – effective phase 1 work
- Attachment Theory
- Sexual Issues & Counselling
- Cultural identity in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Body in Psychotherapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Working with Grief and Loss
- Schema Focussed Therapy
- STORM suicidal risk assessment
- Psychopathology and DSM
- Assessment in counselling & Psychotherapy
- Brief Interventions in Substance Misuse
- Understanding Trauma