I am passionate about providing a friendly and supportive service to my clients and will feel honored to be a part of your journey.
I chose to begin studying to become a Psychotherapist in 2008 whilst working in Hackney, East London, providing support to young people with emotional and social difficulties. Now, over 12 years on I have developed a wealth of experience working with young people, adults and older adults in a variety of settings including 2 years working for the NHS.
After moving back to the South West I set up as an independent psychotherapeutic counsellor in 2015 and have been running a busy and successful practice since then, helping plenty of people to overcome their difficulties along the way. I pride myself on developing safe and supportive therapeutic relationships with my clients. Some I will see for 6 weeks, some 6 months, some a year and some have been visiting me for many years because they value my input and support. I have a particular interest in helping adults to overcome social anxiety and self esteem issues and enjoy working with people who are neurodiverse as this is something I have experienced personally.
I wholeheartedly welcome clients from the LGTBQ+ community.
You will find that I work in collaboration with you to ensure you get the most out of your time with me. With firm foundations in Person Centred Counselling, I work Pluralistically most commonly adding elements from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Therapy, Psych-education, Transactional Analysis (TA), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Compassion Focused Therapy, Schema Theory, Attachment Theory, Brief intervention Theory, Mindfulness and Trauma Resourcing.
I am by nature analytical, thoughtful and inquisitive and am always looking to learn new methods and theories in order to expand my knowledge. This benefits my counselling work by expanding my tool kit and allowing me to draw on a variety of popular and helpful techniques.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Diploma in Person Centered Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Foundation in Systemic Family Therapy Plymouth Uni
- Certificate in providing online counselling
- Cognitive Behavioral Theory AQA
- Counselling Studies CPCAB
- BA Hons Art & Design with Education Studies
- Wellbeing Service – Educational Setting 2008-2015
- NHS Depression and Anxiety Counselling Service (IAPT) 2013-2015
- YP Counselling Service- Community Healthcare Setting 2014
- Broadreach Training – teaching counselling 2016-2018
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme 2016 – ongoing
- Pam Assist – EAP wellbeing service 2016 – ongoing
- Lucy Gordon Counselling – independent Practice 2015 – ongoing
- Other Relevant Training
- DBT Diploma (ongoing)
- Working with Shame
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Understanding Personality Disorder
- Client & Therapist factors
- Trauma – effective phase 1 work
- Attachment Theory
- Sexual Issues & Counselling
- Cultural identity in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Body in Psychotherapy
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Working with Grief and Loss
- Schema Focused Therapy
- STORM suicidal risk assessment
- Psychopathology and DSM
- Assessment in counselling & Psychotherapy
- Brief Interventions in Substance Misuse
- Understanding Trauma