I am passionate about providing a friendly and supportive service to my clients and will feel honoured to be a part of your journey.
I chose to begin studying to become a Psychotherapist in 2008 whilst providing support to young people with emotional and social difficulties. Now, almost 10 years on I have developed a wealth of experience working with young people, adults and older adults in a variety of settings. I have a particular interest in helping adults to overcome social anxiety and self esteem issues.
As well as providing an established counselling and psychotherapy service, I provide training to people taking their counselling qualifications.
I’m a fully insured and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority . I also have a current DBS certificate.
You will find that I work with you to ensure you get the most out of your time with me. With firm foundations in Person Centred Counselling, I work Pluralistically most commonly adding elements from Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution Focussed Therapy, Psych-education, Transactional Analysis (TA), Compassion Focused Therapy, Schema Theory, Attachment Theory, Brief intervention Theory, Mindfulness and Trauma Resourcing.
I am by nature thoughtful and inquisitive and am always looking to learn new methods and theories in order to expand my knowledge. This benefits my counselling work by expanding my tool kit and allowing me to draw on a variety of popular and helpful techniques.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Diploma in Person Centred Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB accredited
- Foundation in Systemic Family Therapy Plymouth Uni
- Certificate in providing online counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Theory AQA
- Counselling Studies CPCAB
- BA Hons Art & Design with Education Studies
- NHS Depression and Anxiety Counselling Service (IAPT)
- Wellbeing Service – Educational Setting
- YP Counselling Service- Community Healthcare Setting
- Broadreach Training
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Pam Assist – EAP wellbeing service
- Lucy Gordon Counselling – Private Practice
- Other Relevant Training
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Understanding Personality Disorder
- Client & Therapist factors
- Trauma – effective phase 1 work
- Attachment Theory
- Sexual Issues & Counselling
- Cultural identity in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Body in Psychotherapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy
- Working with Grief and Loss
- Schema Focussed Therapy
- STORM suicidal risk assessment
- Psychopathology and DSM
- Assessment in counselling & Psychotherapy
- Brief Interventions in Substance Misuse
- Understanding Trauma